Thursday, December 5, 2013

Arizona ➳ Louisiana

Postcard from Jason | November 2013

I have some really great news to share with all of you. Jason accepted a design engineer position with John Deere in Louisiana! He will be working with a team to create a sugar cane harvester to be used in Brazil. It is a wonderful opportunity for him to gain experience in his field, and for us to explore a new city. We will be living about forty minutes outside of New Orleans. Currently we are searching for a new place to call our home and trying to find all the local hot spots. I know that the weather will be completely opposite from Arizona, so it will be interesting to find out what it would be like to live with humidity again. I grew up in Maryland, but it's been a long time. I'm nervous, excited, and anxious to discover what life will be like living in the South. I already picked out a few weekend trips. The first one will have to be to Savannah, Georgia. I've never really been to any of the southern states, so needless to say we will be exploring our little hearts out for many months to come. We say farewell to beautiful Arizona a few days after Christmas. It will be hard to not live close to our families, but Jason's brother lives there so it will be very exciting to meet him, his wife, and their two little ones. 

♥ There is so much to do, and so little time to do it! Do you have any tips on moving? Have you visited Louisiana?

2 comments:

  1. Very exciting!! Congrats to Jason!! I'm sure he's so excited about this opportunity! I've heard Louisiana is a cool place and I'm sure you'll love it there once you're settled in! You'll have to take us along on your adventures getting used to a new state! I wish I could give you tips on moving, but I've never moved that far before. Good luck with everything!
    ~Sara

    P.S. -- I put your blog button on my sidebar! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has worked so hard for this, so I'm extremely happy for him :) I will take you along on all of my adventures. It will be very interesting to explore a completely new place.

      Thank you so much for putting my blog button on your page. You are so kind to me!

      Delete