Thursday, August 8, 2013

Currently + Pranks, Inspiration & Balloon Animals


Watching. The Office. I love this show, and it just makes me feel good to watch it. I am amped up to do some pranks. I am desperate to put a stapler in Jell-O and put it on someone's desk.


Playing with. I found a balloon animal kit from Michael's for a dollar or two. I haven't had a chance to try it out, but first on the agenda is a pink poodle. You can expect many IG pictures.


Working on. We are ripping out the stinky, old carpet in our place and treating the concrete. The photo above is from Elle Interiors, and was my inspiration for our renovation. Last night we officially finished our bedroom, and now we are moving on to the rest of our place. We planned on staining the floor, but ended up painting it because it was covered in fifty-year-old paint and glue that was especially stubborn. As soon as we finish I will post a "Before & After".


Reading. I am halfway through the new (no.4) issue of Darling magazine. In a nutshell: I'm obsessed. One of the articles discussed personality theories. I decided to take a free online version of the HumanMetrics Jung Typology Test created by Carl Jung. I feel like I learned a lot about myself, and have discovered a new insight into my thought patterns. If you are interested, you can find the same test I took here.


Thinking about. This quote really speaks to me. I feel like I'm in a stage in my life where I'm learning so much about myself, and actively trying to become the person I want to be.


Tasting. I hardly ever drink, but when someone suggested Lindeman's Peche Lambic I thought I would give it a go. After one sip I was hooked. 


Anticipating. Our next big adventure to San Francisco was originally going to be this month, but we pushed it back to the end of September. I'm still really excited, and actually it will be a nice break from school. I can not believe it's almost time for the fall semester, and summer break is coming to an end.


Listening to. Amy Winehouse's album Back To Black. I met my dad for a mid-morning coffee date, and on my favorite drive home, down Pima Road, I found myself blasting "Tears Dry On Their Own" and sipping my latte. Even if it was just for 3 minutes and 6 seconds, I felt infinite.


Inspired by. Elsie Larson from the widely popular blog, A Beautiful Mess. She really seems to have it together, and is following her dream. I can't wait to read her book about photo ideas coming out this month. I'm sure more inspiration will blossom.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

♥ Thank you to Danielle at Sometimes Sweet for the idea for this post. What are you currently into?

4 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! Yes to balloon animals, San Fran, and A Beautiful Mess book! I can't wait to see your renovation! I'm not much a drinker myself either, so Peche Lambic might suit me too! What does it taste like?
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes sweet, like peach! You really should try it and then let me know what you think :)

      Delete
  2. Love that screencap of The Office! My cousin put a stapler in Jelly for me as a Birthday present, I LOVED IT!!

    ReplyDelete