Thursday, July 24, 2014

Harvest Loaf




Ingredients:

3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup olive oil
3 cups bob's red mill gluten-free all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup of grated zucchini
1/2 cup of grated carrots

First, mix the eggs, sugar, and olive oil until light and fluffy. Then in a separate bowl mix all of the dry ingredients, and then fold them in. Whisk the buttermilk and vanilla together and then slowly add to the mixture. Add the grated zucchini and carrots. Fill the loaf pan 3/4 of the way full, and then top with a layer of raw sugar. Bake for 60 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool and serve in 1 inch slices.

There is something really special about this recipe. When Jason and I moved to Louisiana, we were not only leaving our friends and family, but also our favorite coffee shop Lola. On the weekends we would always get our favorite harvest loaf for breakfast. On our last brunch date, Jason talked to the chef and he gave us the recipe to take with us. It turned out great, and I wanted to share my little adventures in baking my most treasured recipe.

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I'm excited to try this out with my zucchini from the garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fresh zucchini from your garden will make it even better! I really want to start a garden again. Let me know how yours turns out. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks yummy! I actually hate zucchini, but putting it in bread has always been a treat!

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always opt for apples and walnuts instead of carrots and zucchini. :)

      Delete