Thursday, August 4, 2016

Bose




A week ago, I saved up and purchased these noise-canceling wireless Bose headphones. This idea for better headphones started when I began sleep-training Phoenix. I would always run to him when he would cry, and then he wouldn't end up getting enough rest during the day, which in turn made him more fussy at night. Jason suggested that I listen to music and wait longer intervals in between checking on him in his crib. It only took a little over a week to get him into a routine for a morning, afternoon, and early evening nap. Not only have these headphones helped me with that, but also for getting back into painting. We live in a one bedroom apartment, so I don't want to make too much noise (some noise so it's not too quiet) but when I paint I liked to be immersed in the moment. Each of my paintings are deliberate, and take my focus and concentration. Now with my little one a little over 4 months old, he is napping regularly, and I am finally getting back to one of my greatest passions: painting.

I also want to mention Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things. I waited a long time for this to come out, and I watched it in its entirety the day it was released. I was so impressed with how it was filmed and all of the content. I have followed their blog for the last two years, listen to their podcast on a daily basis (they are currently on hiatus), and have read Everything That Remains. It was great to hear interviews from other minimalists from all walks of life. For us, minimalism has become of even greater importance as our family has grown.

1 comment:

  1. Noise-cancelling headphones are a great idea! I'm glad it's helped you and Phoenix in a bunch of ways! Good purchase!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete