Wednesday, October 7, 2015

50 Questions


1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
I go by my middle name Naomi.

2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read?
Right now I am reading The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo. Also, I would like to finish reading Kinfolk Volume 17.

3. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
I doodle very often. My doodles are usually angular lines or robots.

4. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
When I can't sleep I stretch or do some yoga poses that relax me.

5. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it?
I could last a long time. I have never been someone that needs to be surrounded by people to have a good time or feel comfortable. I enjoy being alone with my thoughts. The only thing that would be difficult would be to be away from Jason because I would spend all my time around him if I could. He's the only person I feel that way about.

6. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away?
I save some. I have every letter or note that Jason has ever written me, all the letters that my friend Sara has written me, one from my grandmother, and all of the cards our families gave us when we got married.

7. Who is the biggest pack rat you know?
I'm a Minimalist, so this is kind of a tough question.

8. When making an entrance in to a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost?
I say hello to everyone I know, and then find a place to have a conversation with one or two individuals.

9. What is your strongest sense?
I have an incredible sense of smell. When Jason and I were in Paris for our honeymoon, I could smell that he was going to get sick hours before he felt ill.

10. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
I only look in the mirror before I leave the apartment, if I'm touching up my makeup, or when I'm washing my face at night.

11. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
I could hold my breath for an insanely long time when I was a kid. I remember thinking I could breathe underwater and live at the bottom of the pool drinking tea and doing handstands. 

12. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
Coffee and dark chocolate. Even though I'm pregnant, I still enjoy one cup of coffee in the morning and usually a piece of dark chocolate at some point in the day.

13. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
Jason is the most generous person I know. I will mention something and he remembers it long after it's left my mind.

14. How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper?
I enjoy reading the San Francisco Chronicle. We usually pick it up when we stop at Starbucks.

15. Which animals scare you most?
I hate spiders and cockroaches. I know most people feel that way, but I have been known to run from them, or trap them under a cup as a surprise when Jason gets home from work.

16. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on?
It depends. I find myself to avoid conflict more often because I hate when people are upset or uncomfortable.

17. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savoured?
I was enjoying some European drinking chocolate at Dandelion Chocolate in San Francisco, and a man came up to me saying that I was beautiful and he couldn't help but turn around so he could meet me.

18. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will?
I wish that I could get into bed earlier. I've been trying for years. No matter how hard I try I always seem to get into bed at midnight.

19. Are you a creature of habit? Explain.
Yes and no. I like to have slow mornings and have a routine at home, but I love to travel and explore new areas of the world. I feel I am balanced in this respect.

20. Are you high maintenance? Explain.
I'm pretty flexible, but I eat healthy and I don't just have what others are having just out of convenience. I will wait and pick up something I will actually enjoy. The same goes for coffee.
  
21. When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits?
Before I was pregnant I would challenge myself during my workouts, but now I go a lot easier on myself. My workout of choice is the elliptical, and then yoga from time to time.

22. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? 
I can count my close friends on one hand, and I always want to keep it that way.

23. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others?
I unleash the potential in others more often than not, but I'd like to change that. The last few years I have been focusing more on myself and finding myself growing and "building my own empire".

24. What’s a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone?
A man jumped out of the bushes at me while I was riding my bicycle. I could not be happier not to live in the neighborhood anymore.

25. What do you think about more than anything else?
Lately I have been thinking about becoming a mother constantly. It's a big change, and a little intimidating.

26. What’s something that amazes you?
How great it is to live your life for you and not for anyone else. My path is very different from most people, and when you start to let go of other's expectations it is amazing how free you can feel.

27. Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or temper their words?
Shoot straight.

28. Where’s your favourite place to take an out-of-town guest?
There are so many things to do in San Francisco, so I would cater the activity of choice to each individual person.

29. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why?
We are DIY-ers so most things I would prefer to do ourselves. The only thing would be anything medical, and even then I try natural home remedies first.

30. Do you have a catchphrase?
I quote a lot of obscure references from movies and television shows I like. My quotes are usually from: The Office, Friends, Due Date, or Hocus Pocus.

31. What’s your reaction towards people who are outspoken about their beliefs? What conditions cause you to dislike or, conversely, enjoy talking with them?
I thoroughly enjoy hearing what others believe in, and I respect everyone's unique thoughts and opinions. The only thing that bothers me if they push their beliefs on me.

32. How and where do you prefer to study?
I prefer a quiet spot at home or a coffee shop. I've always done best with flash cards.

33. What position do you sleep in?
I used to sleep on my back before I was pregnant, but now I use a body pillow and sleep on my side.

34. What’s your all-time favourite town or city? Why?
New York City simply because it's the greatest city in the world. There is so much to do, see, and experience there. Museums, coffee shops, and the city views drip with inspiration. 

35. What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new?
Intelligence, creativity, and humor.

36. How has your birth order/characteristics of siblings affected you?
My brother is 12 years older than me, and my sister is 10 years older than me. They were all kind of a family before I came along, and done certain things that they didn't think to revisit because it was so much later in all their lives. Most of the stories I heard growing up I wasn't apart of. I was expected to be more mature because it had been a long time since my parents had a child. I think it made me more of an individual because I learned to make my own memories where other one's were lacking.

37. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
Caring what others think about me being an artist, and exploring that side of myself as an occupation. It's not traditional, but it makes me incredibly happy to be doing what I love every single day. I'm very lucky to have this opportunity, and it would be silly not to take advantage of this beautiful amazing thing.

38. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be?
One of my best friends from high school moved away, and we lost touch. It was really hard for me to adjust to life without her, and we just kind of drifted apart.

39. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
I want to legally change my middle name to my first name. I would just swap it from Megan Naomi to Naomi Megan.

40. Do you believe ignorance is bliss? Why or why not?
I believe ignorance is the path to an unfulfilled life.

41. What do you consider unforgivable?
Infidelity. Luckily, I will never have to know what that feels like. It's amazing to feel complete trust in someone as I do with Jason.

42. Have you forgiven yourself for past personal failures? Why or why not?
Yes, because every failure is still an experience, and every experience makes you grow.

43. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize?
It takes time but I have forgiven people that have never apologized. The forgiveness is for me, not for them. It's important to remember that.

44. Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for?
Life is a learning process, and I allow myself to change often. I can't think of a topic I would give my one precious life for.

45. To what extent do you trust people? Explain.
I trust very few people. I feel like I know almost immediately if someone is trustworthy, but sadly it seems like a rare quality.

46. In what area of your life are you immature?
I make a lot of inappropriate jokes. Like a lot. 

47. What was the best news you ever received?
That Jason and I are going to be someone's mom and dad.

48. How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular?
I don't like to hurt people's feelings, but if it's to help them I say what's on my mind. It's a lot easier for me to say something unpopular than it is to say something that could be hurtful.

49. When did you immediately click with someone you just met? Why? What was the long term result? Conversely, are you close with anyone now that you really disliked at first?
I met my friend Sara through blogging. We have been pen pals for quite some time, and have spent time together when Jason and I visited New York City on two separate occasions. We immediately clicked, and it felt as though I have always known her. The long term result is that I have every hope that we continue to be friends and stay in touch for the long haul. And no, I have never became friends with someone that I disliked at first.

50. When do you find yourself singing?
All day. Every day. I'm constantly making up songs about what I'm doing. Put a ukulele in my hand and I'm unstoppable.

No comments:

Post a Comment