Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Fire Cat


Today I have been organizing my closet, studying for midterms, and creating playlists. I haven't compiled songs to fit my mood in quite some time. In case you were curious, this is what today sounds like:

Claude Debussy “Clair de Lune”
Frank Sinatra “The Way You Look Tonight”
Louis Armstrong “La Vie en Rose”
Audrey Hepburn “Moon River”
Pink Martini “Hang On Little Tomato”
Jetta “Feels Like Coming Home”
Florence + The Machine (MTV Unplugged Version) “Cosmic Love”


This weekend was a string of one crazy encounter to the other. Needless to say we ended up in a new part of town, and popped into a Goodwill in a town we otherwise would not have come across. Lately I have been collecting vintage books, and snagged this gem for only forty-three cents! It's an original copy of The Fire Cat from 1960, and it's in perfect condition. The story of Pickles the cat is one of my favorites by far.


Last night was truly magical. I have been pretty overwhelmed with school, and the next three weeks will be particularly rough. I have to drive to Texas on three separate occasions to take various tests, and for continuing education to renew my massage therapy license. So Jason showed up with these beautiful sunshine roses, Lindemans PĂȘche, assorted cheeses, and a fresh baguette. We watched an episode of Downtown Abbey, and used crystal champagne glasses that we received as a wedding gift. All in all, we laughed, feasted, and had a very memorable night for no reason at all.

♥ Do you like vintage children's books?

1 comment:

  1. Goodwill is always a good place to start a vintage book collection. ;)

    ReplyDelete