Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Indie Rock Coloring Book + Crosley Record Player

Jason and I are in love with our new Crosley record player. We have been so busy the last few weeks that we haven't been able to enjoy it as much. Today I put on a very special album, "Narrow Stairs" by Death Cab For Cutie. One of my favorite memories is directly attached to this record.

Last weekend I picked up this little guy, and decided today was as good a day as any to do some good ol' fashioned coloring. What really sold me was that all the royalties go to charity. To read the story behind the Yellow Bird Project, click here.

I quickly found out that 12 colors is just not enough, so tonight I will be making a quick stop at Michael's. I'm such a busy bee, so I allowed one cup of tea's worth of coloring for today. It was such a fun way to spend an hour, listening to a record and coloring the afternoon away.

♥ Have you heard about the Yellow Bird Project? Do you still like to color?

3 comments:

  1. That record player is beautiful! I love that color. Still looking to get one of my very own, but I don't have the space for it right now.

    There are really cute things on that YBP site. Cool idea, too. I'll be bookmarking for the holidays!

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete