Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Random Topic Tuesday + The Paper Kites

Chaumont-en-Vexin, France

Listening. I've become obsessed with the song "Bloom" by The Paper Kites. Not only is the song beautiful, but the musc video is sweet, and perfectly fitting. This is definitely the next album I will be purchasing. This is a great excuse to go to my favorite music store, Zia Records.


Watching. The past two days I've had a terrible cold. While one of them was spent doing twelve hours of homework, the other was spent watching Dawson's Creek. Some may think this is a lame show, but it's a guilty pleasure of mine.

Sipping. I'm a creature of habit. I get the same vanilla soy latte everywhere I go. On Thanksgiving night, to my despair, Starbucks had closed early. My brother suggested that I make an americano, and I absolutely loved it! Also, Jason and I have been going to Mimi's Cafe for our weekend brunch date, and I've been getting non-fat cappuccinos. My love for coffee has only grown.

Wearing. I'm usually in a cardi, but lately I've traded that in for my Victoria's Secret hoodies. I have two of them with the wings on the back. They are so cute and cozy!

Reminiscing. Almost a year ago Jason and I were on our way to London (and Paris) for our honeymoon. About half of the time we stayed with our wonderful French family, Christelle and her daughter Marion. This morning I was getting ready for school, and there was something about the chilly air coming through the open window, the smell of coffee brewing, and still being in my pajamas while getting ready to start the day that reminded me of their home. That is one of my favorite memories.

On our honeymoon, in Chaumont-en-Vexin

♥ What are you up to today?

4 comments:

  1. That song is really beautiful! I'm a huge cardigan lover, but I've been thinking of getting one of Victoria's Secret hoodies! Great mind, right?
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an AWESOME place to honeymoon. Ugh! Jealous! and I have an obsession with those VS pink hoodies! I have three I rotate (plus a band sweatshirt) to wear in the cold nights here.

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were really, really lucky to honeymoon there! It was hands down the best trip of my life. Also, I have two VS hoodies and I'm a firm believer that you can never have enough.

      Delete