Monday, June 11, 2012

Watson Lake + Kayaking


Sunday morning we strapped the kayak to the CRV and made the drive up North to {Watson Lake} in {Prescott, Arizona}. We usually go for places with a lot of trees {to feel like we're not in a desert} but my parent's recommended this place, and it turned out to be really cool. The boulders were different to us, so it made it fun. It was $2 to get into the park which is a great deal. The only thing I was disappointed with was that is was a little small {compared to Woods Canyon Lake in Payson, Arizona}. I have heard most of the surrounding lakes are much smaller, so I will have to do some research to find another good one. We stayed on the lake for a little under 3 hours, and it was a great end to the weekend.

Did anyone do anything especially fun or adventurous this weekend? I'd love to hear about it :)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. We love kayaking and all adventures outdoors ♥ I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a bit jealous of the life out west!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every place has it's ups + downs, but Arizona's summers are brutal. I guess there is a lot of outdoorsy stuff to do here though. I wish we could go camping, but there are always so many "no burn days" because it's so dry out here. Hope you had a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete