Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A New Beginning




This week has been about: reflection. I am 27 years old, married to my best friend, living out my passion of painting, traveling, and becoming a mother. I have made a lot of positive changes in my life, especially over the last five or six years, and now it is time for a new beginning: motherhood. I am excited, nervous, and every other emotion in between. As of right now Phoenix's due date is a little over six weeks away, and I have to say this entire pregnancy has flown by. Everyone said that the third trimester would drag on, but that just isn't the case for me. I am extremely lucky because my pregnancy has been the most beautiful experience of my life. Yes, sometimes I'm tired, cranky, or feel unattractive, but it never lasts because when he kicks and swims all around in my tummy I know that this moment is the most special I will ever undergo, and it will only be for another six weeks or so. Just like my favorite hand cream, it has an expiration date. There will be a time that I am no longer pregnant and this adventure I'm currently on will end, but a new one will begin. That's the wonderful thing about life, that there is always something new around the corner, so enjoy the moment you are in because it won't last forever.

2 comments:

  1. That is so beautifully written! I am so happy for you and this moment you are in right now and that you're embracing it! Life changes so fast, so it's good to take a look around when the moment you're in is positive and happy!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much! That means a lot coming from such a wonderful writer. :)

      Delete