Thursday, October 1, 2015

Pregnancy: Week 16




Size: our baby is the size of an avocado! They are about 4 to 5 inches long and weigh 3 to 5 ounces!

Symptoms: other than feeling a little more tired, I feel pretty good. It's easy to feel overwhelmed with all of the changes going on in our lives, but I know this is going to be the best thing that has ever (or will ever) happen to us.

Watching: I watched a documentary called Pandas: The Journey Home. Other than that, Jason and I have been really getting into Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Reading: recently I ordered The Minimalist Mom's Guide to Baby's First Year by Rachel Jonat, and The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo. I can't wait to dive into both of these books.

Loving: the other day Jason woke up early to make pumpkin pancakes from Trader Joe's, and got me roses. He's so good to me. 

Smelling: we picked up a soy pumpkin latte candle from Old Navy, and it is the best smelling candle ever. It makes our whole apartment smell like fall.

Playing with: recipes. I have been getting into baking more, and I've been having a lot of fun doing so. I want to bake one new recipe a week. I'm going to be putting my Babycakes book to good use.

Thinking about: how fast everything is happening. It's hard to believe that I'm almost 17 weeks pregnant, and this whole journey is almost half way over. It will be fun to see our family at Christmas because by that time I will have a big, happy baby bump!

Travel: today we leave for Reno just for one night, but after that the plan is to cut back on all the traveling. It takes more of a toll on me than it used to, and I want to spend more time exploring our surrounding cities like San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, Napa, etc.

Researching: I have been making a list of baby stuff that could possibly go on sale on black friday. We have been saving our pennies, and I can't wait to start getting things for our little one.

Tasting: for lunch I had a couple slices of toast with avocado, vegan pesto, and pumpkin seeds. I highly suggest trying it sometime.

Listening to: today I've brought back an old favorite, ...Is A Real Boy by Say Anything. There was definitely a dance party in the kitchen to "Alive With The Glory Of Love".

Excited to: find out the gender! We will find out on October 15, so that is only two weeks away!

Daddy-to-be: Jason is always excited and positive about everything. I'm so lucky that I get to go on this crazy adventure with my best friend.

4 comments:

  1. Love you two, and so very happy for you both!!! So excited for October 15th!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love you too! I know, it will be a very exciting day indeed. :)

      Delete
  2. Awww Jason is so sweet! I've been thinking of getting Marie Kondo's book. Let me know if you like it!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know as soon as I finish reading it. I heard her talking about it on NPR and it sounds like a lot of good information. :)

      Delete