Monday, October 28, 2013

Butterfly Mobile + Do It Yourself


I made this butterfly mobile for my sweet, little niece Leona. It was a lot simpler than I thought. I forgot to take the photos at home, so my parent's bathroom did the trick.

what you need:
white cardstock
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
10" embroidery hoop
thin fishing line

what to do:
+tie a string across the embroidery hoop making an "X", use those strings the attach the butterfly strands
+punch out a bunch of butterflies, fold the wings, and poke a hole in the middle
+take a length of fishing line, tie a knot at the bottom, thread on your first butterfly, then tie a second knot about 2" above the butterfly and thread on the next one, repeat as necessary








♥ What do you think? Have you made a mobile?

7 comments:

  1. This is so lovely!! This is a beautiful gift for your little niece!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, it's so pretty! I've never made one before,but I can definitely see myself doing it when I have kids!

    xx -b.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so sweet. I want to make one!

    ReplyDelete