Tuesday, April 16, 2013

5-Year Anniversary + Croquet

1//Eleven is kind of our special number. We started dating on April 11, 2008, and got married on November 11, 2011. So, I woke up to eleven red balloons, and a dozen roses. 

2//It was such a special morning.

3//We ordered a vintage croquet set on Etsy from 1960. I used to play all the time when I was a kid growing up in Maryland. This was Jason's first time playing, and he really enjoyed it. I think we are going to spend more afternoons like this.

4//Yours truly.

5//Clever boy, trying to knock my ball out of the way.

6//We ended up playing until the sun went down, so our afternoon picnic turned into a moonlit one.

7//Best app ever.

♥ Have you ever played croquet before? What's your favorite app?

14 comments:

  1. Love your content! good job!!
    check my blog if you want too:)
    click -> Tr3nDyGiRL Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll definitely check it out :)

      Delete
  2. You guys are too cute! Sounds like the perfect day -- a croquet date that turns into a moonlit dinner! So great! I've never played croquet, but I've always wanted to!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's a really fun game :)

      Delete
  3. Fun! Happy Anniversary. I've played croquet but never followed the rules. I don't think I even know what the rules are! But I think it's lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We followed a few rules (only the ones I remembered) and then kind of made it up as we went along. I think it's more fun that way ;)

      Delete
  4. wow looks like you had an amazing day! happy anniversary!
    xx Kate

    The Style Department

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to spend more days like this when summer comes. A break from school is much needed!

      Delete
  5. What a sweet anniversary! And the candle app is too funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That app was spur of the moment. They truly do have an app for everything!

      Delete
  6. Wow you guys are super cute!
    I'd love to know what Etsy shop you got the Croquet Set from, adore!
    Happy Anniversary!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! I love how thoughtful the eleven balloons was, along with the flowers. And I love your adorable date idea, croquet and a *candlelit* picnic ~ too fun!
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete