Monday, July 23, 2012

Senses + Weekend Photos


{Sight} We saw The Dark Knight Rises on Friday night. I wasn't going into it with high expectations because I didn't think any villan could be as good as the Joker. We were so impressed with The Dark Knight we saw it in theaters at least four or five times. Not to mention we named our puppy after him. I was absolutely blown away by the movie! Honestly, I can't wait to see it again. If there is anyone that is on the fence about it: see it :)


{Scent} Victoria Secret Angel always reminds me of our honeymoon. I wore this everyday and every time I put it on it reminds me of Versailles, the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower... and all the other amazing things we saw on that adventure. I love when there is a specific scent that is dedicated to a certain time or experience. I'm the same way with music as well. I usually bring a new album with me when going on a new adventure so it will symbolize that moment.


{Sound} Jose Gonzalez "Heartbeats". It seemed like every year of high school I had a different group of friends. My senior year I spent time with people that really helped me grow as an individual. We used to talk about how things made us feel infinite. Well, while Jason and I were getting our daily coffee and playing cards, this song came on. It filled the coffee shop and a sense of relaxation came over everyone. For me, it made me feel infinite.


{Taste} This is what I put in my morning latte. I love Truvia, and a little goes a long way! It's delicious and so much better for you than sugar.


{Touch} I really love Ashtanga Yoga. I love all yoga, but this one I'm particularly into. Sometimes I just do a couple moves here and there, and it's been fun making up my own structured sequence.


{Weekend Photographs}


This is Farrah, named after Farrah Fawcett. She's not supposed to be on the couch, but how am I supposed to say "no" to this face? She's the cutest.


Saw this and thought it was fitting. I'm in a Batman phase, and I'm thinking next weekend is dedicated to watching the first two movies from The Dark Knight Trilogy, and then seeing the new one again. I know some people aren't like this, but when I am into something I can watch, listen to, or read the same thing over and over again.


One day I have to own this! This brings back great memories of watching this show with my dad. It was so funny, and I'm sure I will still get a kick out of it. I'm still a kid at heart.


My friend Brian and his girlfriend stayed with us this weekend. Going to Zia Records is one of the first things we did. I'm always looking for those last few Beatles records to complete our collection. We had a lot of fun with them. We watched The Sandlot, Independence Day, and played a ton of games, including: Jumanji, Urban Myth, Spoons, and a bunch of other card games.


"Hello."


We went to IKEA just to walk around and meander about. When we turned the corner we thought we spotted R2D2!


We were wrong. 


He first sat on it because it looked like a tiny chair. But it turns out that it fit him perfectly. He looks so proper!


I used to have one of these when I was taking a lot of art classes. My mom likes to get rid of things if they aren't being used, and I think this was one of the things that I accidentally left in the closet of my old bedroom. We picked up another one for me at IKEA. I can't wait to start sketching again!


This is the best smelling candle! The scent of an apple is so refreshing. The "warning" pictures on the side of all their candles are so funny. It is smart for them to do that though, because pictures will be the same in every language.


I could not be more thankful for the weather. We spotted a rainbow! We live a couple miles from the Sky Harbor Airport, so we see lots of airplanes from our window, just like that one there.


Farrah and the reflection of the rainbow. Well, maybe the rainbow is actually inside our place ;)

How was your weekend? Do you do anything especially fun or exciting? I'd love to hear about it!

16 comments:

  1. I thought I saw R2D2 when I saw that photo, too! That's pretty funny. Looks like you had a fun weekend. :) I didn't do much this weekend, but I did learn how to drive a stick shift! It was... interesting, to say the least!

    -Chelsea
    thequantumview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned how to drive a stick shift my first year of college. It's a great skill to know, but I wouldn't want to use it haha. Are you buying a manual car or were you learning just so you know how to do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just learning so I knew how. My car has an automatic transmission. I also have a question for you. How did you make the pages that show tagged posts, such as the "Home Sweet Home" page? I've been trying for the longest time to figure it out!

      Delete
    2. To label your posts and have them go to a specific page {like my "Home Sweet Home" page} go to “Design”, then “Layout”, make sure you have the “Pages” gadget under your “Title”, then you can edit your "Pages" section. When you click "New Page" you need to select "Web Address". Then the web address has to look like this --> http://yourblognamehere.blogspot.com/search/label/yourtabname for example, my link to Home Sweet Home would look like this --> http://starryeyescoffeecups.blogspot.com/search/label/Home%20Sweet%20Home {note: the "%20" is necessary when there is a space between words in your tab name} Once the page is set up, when you are making a new post, on the right hand side under "Post Settings" there is a section called "Labels". Add the tab name that you want the post to go to and you're good to go! :)

      Delete
  3. I've really been wanting to play at an Ikea...I've still never been to one!

    Christen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKEA is the best! I think they have them pretty much everywhere. I'm sure you'd love it :)

      Delete
  4. I really want to see The Dark Knight Rises! I'm hoping to see it tomorrow! I have one of those little art guys (no idea what they're called haha!). An apple-scented candle sounds good enough to eat!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love the movie! The candle reminds me of apple pie, yum :)

      Delete
  5. that R2D2 mixup is hilarous!! and i LOVED dinosaurs. and oh my gosh you and my man would be best friends that guy loves Jose! great post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with him right now! There is something special about his music :)

      Delete
  6. I love your cat! And I love the 'scent' part - It would be so beautiful if a perfume reminded me of something/someone but so far only songs do^^
    We're going to IKEA tomorrow or on Thursday - well actually just my dad and sister but I wanted to come, too! I love IKEA!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKEA is so much fun! I go every chance I get ;)

      Delete
  7. oh my gosh, dinosaurs! i used to watch that! The baby would hit the dad on the head with a frying pan and scream "not the mama!" he he, remembering that cracks me up.

    and if you like candles, check out these:
    http://www.rewindcandles.com/order-online/
    they're made in the city where i live and are sold at the market downtown. not the cheapest, but make great gifts or a splurge. They use the bottom of recycled wine bottles and they smell like different wines. (If you like wine?) I think my favorites are the riesling and champagne candles. heavenly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love when the baby did that! So funny :) I'll look into those candles! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Ikea! Thought it always turns from a "quick trip" to a "8 hour trip" somehow...

    ReplyDelete