Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Local Honey



I am the type of person that likes to try every possible natural healing approach before going to the doctor. I had bronchitis for two weeks before finally caving in. Now that I am done with my set of antibiotics, I did notice one natural remedy that really made a difference: local honey. A few months ago, Jason and I stopped at a little stand on the side of the road just outside of New Orleans to pick up a jar of local honey. I went through the entire jar over the last two weeks! I just added a little honey and lemon to my water or tea and it made a world of difference. Even now that I am all better, I still drink at least a cup or two.

8 comments:

  1. local honey makes a huge difference! I didn't realize this until we started purchasing it as well. It helps with allergies a lot too!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that local honey really helps with allergies. It's good all around. :)

      Delete
  2. I love adding honey to tea! Makes it so sweet and delicious! Next time you get sick (hopefully never!) try Korean Citron Tea! You can find it at Asian supermarkets. It's a jam consistency and you put a spoonful in hot water and stir. It's really good and has a lot of Vitamin C.
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Local trumps everything. It makes such a big difference in the taste/freshness of food.

    That book looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I try to buy local whenever I can. :)

      Delete
  4. Yeah, honey can really be a life saver. I try to keep it on hand for colds too. I hope you feel better!

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I'm going to continue drinking tea with honey all through winter. :)

      Delete